Friday Q and A with Hettie Holmes
Hettie is the editor and co-founder of DOSE. A keen runner, she’s also partial to a blast of high-intensity, hot yoga. A country girl at heart, she divides her time between London and the lush rolling hills of North Devon. When she’s not jetting off on her next adventure, Hettie can be found in a candle-lit alcove with a laptop, a spaniel and a full-bodied Malbec..
1. What makes you open an email from a PR?
A creative subject line.
2. Would you open emails from PR’s you don’t know?
3. Do you answer your landline during a working day?
No, I prefer emails.
4. Do you like images within a PR pitch?
Yes, it shows the PR has thought it through.
5. When is the best time for you to meet a PR?
Mornings for coffee/breakfast.
6. And which day suits the most?
Mondays and Tuesdays.
7. What are your top 2 tips for a PR trying to secure coverage?
• A creative news story. • Beautiful imagery that will look good on my website.
8. Are you happy to be contacted via social media / what are the boundaries?
Yes, via DOSE Instagram is fine.
9. Spirulina or Sauvignon?
10. Stylist or The Spectator?