On the panel:
- Robin Pagnamenta – Head of Technology Intelligence
- Harry de Quetteville – Technology Special Correspondent
Technology is increasingly transforming the world that we live in. There’s been a growing realisation and recognition that technology and stories about technology are increasingly central to the news agenda. Tech journalism was seen as a niche area, and the idea behind the initiative was to put coverage of technology and the future front and centre of the news room.
Key points discussed:
- The UK struggles to build national technology champions. Technology Intelligence looks into why UK tech startups “sell out” and get bought by larger US companies.
- Their daily newsletter is open for people to sign up, and it boasts a round-up of the day’s stories, in an editorial voice, plus forward-looking elements with the next day’s stories. It is drafted from the US.
- TMG has a new commercial strategy all about investing in journalism. The ultimate goal is to increase engagement, drive more readership within new demographics and to see a rise in subscriptions.
- Tech companies are starting to be held accountable in the eye of the consumer public. The industry is changing as the law changes and awareness grows.
- The future of technology will see the value of data vested in the consumer. All companies run on data face an existential threat.
- We are about to see the rise of various types of intelligence, far beyond that of the human mind. Humans are good at a lot of things, but artificial intelligence will allow us to evolve in areas beyond human capacity.
To listen to the nuanced insight our panelists provided below:
Thank you to our panelists and those that joined us.
Alex Northcott, CEO at Roxhill Media
About Alex NorthcottAlex Northcott is the CEO at Roxhill Media. Alex founded Gorkana in 2003 and sold the business to Durrants in 2010, which became the Gorkana Group. In 2015 he set up Roxhill Media, the next generation media database. He has over 18 years’ experience in the PR industry having worked at Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan.
Request a free trial today and learn how Roxhill’s topic led media database can help you effectively target journalists and news outlets around the world.