1. What makes you open an email from a PR?
If I’m familiar with the PR, know them personally and trust their advice.
2. Would you open emails from PR’s you don’t know?
Yes, if the pitch in the first line catches my eyes, or happens to relate to a theme/place I am working on.
3. Do you answer your landline during a working day?
4. Do you like images within a PR pitch?
5. When is the best time for you to meet a PR?
Coffee during the day in the office, occasionally lunch with the PRs I know.
6. And which day suits the most?
7. What are your top 2 tips for a PR trying to secure coverage?
Know what turns the editor on! Understand the magazine and its tone, and feed me an original story that feels unique to me.
8. Are you happy to be contacted via social media / what are the boundaries?
They can try.
9. Spirulina or Sauvignon?
10. Stylist or The Spectator?