1. What makes you open an email from a PR?
An interesting subject line.
2. Would you open emails from PR’s you don’t know?
3. Do you answer your landline during a working day?
Yes – but instantly regret it when a little voice chirps “Did you get my press release?”
4. Do you like images within a PR pitch?
They help, yes, but aren’t essential. Remember that if I’m opening an email on a train, the images take a year or so to come through.
5. When is the best time for you to meet a PR?
I’m re-starting the walk and talk with Jane from Liverpool St Station at 9 am, so this gives PRs 20 minutes to pitch.
6. And which day suits the most?
Now Monday to Thursday.
7. What are your top 2 tips for a PR trying to secure coverage?
• Have a decent story.
• Have all the info in your press release, and don’t make me chase you for it.
8. Are you happy to be contacted via social media / what are the boundaries?
No – what’s wrong with email?!
9. Spirulina or Sauvignon?
Spirulina now – just back from a detox.
10. Stylist or The Spectator?
Follow Jane’s travels on Instagram