Roxhill is a media intelligence platform. That means we provide PR professionals with the tools to help them explore, analyse, monitor and engage the media industry. With that comes a lot of complexity; a lot of features and a lot of data. We are looking for a senior PHP engineer to join our ever-growing team, and help implement our ambitious roadmap. We are a vastly experienced team using pioneering technology to upend our competitors. We believe that the quality of our service is directly reflected by the quality of our code, and thus vital to our continued growth.
- Implement RESTful APIs in PHP7.
- Implement data processing services in PHP7.
- Collaborate with front-end and back-end developers to design APIs and services.
- Work with the project manager to appraise and deliver new features.
- Build services that leverage a variety of specialised databases.
- Develop according to best practices and implement unit tests.
- Help continuously enhance existing code and resolve incoming issues.
We’re looking for:
- An experienced developer who has worked on complex applications.
- Experience using Symfony (or similar) framework.
- Strong commercial experience building database-driven REST APIs.
- Good knowledge of MySQL and its performance characteristics.
- The ability to solve complex problems with readable and maintainable code.
- An appreciation for best practices, design patterns and architecture.
- An appetite to learn new things and take pride in the work.
We’d also like someone who:
- Has used another specialised database such as Elasticsearch or Redis.
- Has experience working with Scrum-style project management.
- Enjoys working within a team and engaging in pair programming.
- Has knowledge of other languages.
- Has an interest in systems architecture and understands how to build scalable, parallel and resilient systems.
- A very competitive salary.
- Hard working and easy-going colleagues in a great working environment.
- A fantastic opportunity for career growth with the business.
- A strong focus on personal development.
- Flexible working and always a healthy work/life balance.
- Whatever hardware you need.
- Various other perks such as free drinks…
If this sounds like a role for you, please send your CV to Alex at email@example.com.