1. What makes you open an email from a PR?
If it’s food or drink related, I will open it.
2. Would you open emails from PR’s you don’t know?
Yes, see above. But will delete if irrelevant.
3. Do you answer your landline during a working day?
No, I don’t have one! PRs I know well have my mobile.
4. Do you like images within a PR pitch?
Yes, they can be helpful.
5. When is the best time for you to meet a PR?
Breakfast, drinks or dinner. Lunch is usually too tricky these days.
6. And which day suits the most?
Tuesday to Thursday.
7. What are your top 2 tips for a PR trying to secure coverage?
• Demonstrate that you understand the Good Food audience.
• Pitch to specific regular slots.
8. Are you happy to be contacted via social media / what are the boundaries?
Much prefer an email.
9. Spirulina or Sauvignon?
Neither! (Can I have chardonnay, please?)
10. Stylist or The Spectator?
Spectator, particularly drinks writer Henry Jeffreys.
Follow Christine’s travels on Instagram