On the panel:
Christian May, Editor
City A.M. is London’s first free daily business newspaper and covers financial and business news as well as sport and contemporary lifestyle.
City A.M. is distributed (ABC Jan 18 – 90,059) at more than 250 commuter hubs across London and the home counties, as well as 1,600 offices throughout the City, Canary Wharf and other areas of high business concentration.
Christian May has been editor for nearly three years and joined Roxhill Media to discuss City A.M.’s unique place in London’s media ecosystem and his plans for the future.
Key points raised:
City A.M.’s focus:
- Concise, accessible, briefing product and informs on the business agenda
- Pro-immigration; anti regulation; free markets;
- Fintech: interested in investments; what finance raised; who invested in it
- 7am – Digital editors and News editor arrive
- 10am – Christian May and team starts to arrive
- 11.30am – editorial meeting; agenda discussion; proposals for interviews lined up; news list
- 4pm – front page design agreed; stories firmed up. Night team arrive.
- 6-8pm – filing stories. Watching developments from US news sources.
Key people to approach:
- City moves: Francesca Washtell, Deputy Night Editor
- Op Ed pieces: Rachel Cunliffe, Business Features Editor
Publishing times / details:
- Final copy is sent at 1am and they can change the front page up until midnight.
- 95,000 print run
- 250,000 eyes
- Online Readership: 65% UK; 20% USA; India 15%
- Audience: 42 years old / avg £90k salary / 64% male
- 24-32 pages
Thank you to those on our panel and those that joined us.
Alex Northcott, CEO Roxhill Media
About Alex Northcott
Alex Northcott is the CEO at Roxhill Media. Alex founded Gorkana in 2003 and sold the business to Durrants in 2010, which became the Gorkana Group. In 2015 he set up Roxhill Media, the next generation media database. He has over 18 years’ experience in the PR industry having worked at Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan.
Request a free trial today and learn how Roxhill’s topic led media database can help you effectively target journalists and news outlets around the world.